Saturday, July 21, 2012

somber grey today

My heart aches for the families in Colorado. Yesterday was a very emotional day, every time I caught the TV,  I was sucked into listening to the horror of what happened in Aurora, Colorado. What is it about Colorado?  Only 12 miles from Columbine! My two sons went to the midnight show of Batman here in Annapolis and, instinctively,  I reached out to them yesterday morning to say "Are you OK, I love you." My heart aches for those Moms whose sons went to a movie and didn't come back. I watched in tears as that one man on TV cried out for help in finding his son, whose birthday was yesterday, who had not come home from the movie. How do you deal with that kind of anguish-I don't know. I just know I felt wretched yesterday and broke down several times, in tears, just weeping for such senseless loss of life. Today the skies are grey, overcast. The cool, rain-dampened air is a relief from the heat. Both the horses and I just stood in the rain yesterday and let it fall on our skin, it felt so good. Washing away the sweat and grime from their coats and, mirroring my soul, mixing with the tears on my face. I am so sorry for their loss, may their faith and families give them comfort .

No comments:

Post a Comment