Monday, March 5, 2012

no baby yet

I will soon have a dilemma. My mare Goldie is a week overdue, my client's mare , Regretable Romance is due in two weeks. She is a maiden mare. Which one will come first?  Maidens come sometimes come early, my mare has gone two weeks late before. Who do I worry about? Both. They are both so muddy from rolling all day. They are positioning the foals and getting rid of winter coat, but it is so messy. I guess I will put them both on straw bedding and start walking out to barn at intervals as well as keeping camera on all night. I find myself watching a big horse's rear end, sort of mindlessly at night. The mares can get very relaxed, a hip cocked, sleeping, and I just fall asleep too- very relaxing. Sometimes I feel like a horse peeping tom, when  all they do is walk around, pooping and peeing- seems intrusive then!
Our fancy Hunt Ball is getting closer. I go over all the details in my mind, hoping I haven't forgotten anything. We set spotlights on the mansion the other night and it looks wonderful in the dark.Seeing the gentlemen in their "scarlet tails", or black tie , and all the ladies in the evening gowns is so much fun. Like rare, exotic birds in full plumage . Sometimes the guys are the most colorful! Can't wait. My luck the mares will foal that night. I am knocking on the barn boards that this doesn't happen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment