Thursday, March 8, 2012

"Broodmare of the Year 2011"

Carol (partner) and I won Broodmare of the Year for 2011 with Gabby's Love. She was the dam of Baltimore Bob and Baltimore Belle, who between them won several stakes races in 2011. We had been nominated before but I found out yesterday that this year we won! It is so cool and it feels like an accomplishment for these small breeders (us) to have won. Gabby's Love died couple of years ago, but she was a great broodmare and we are thrilled with this acknowledgment.
I also heard the spring "Peepers" last night  while we were walking to the barn to check on broodmares about to foal. It was an incredibly clear night with a lover's moon, my husband kept reminding me that it is so-called because lovers could find each other in the night easily under such a big full moon!! Lucky for me we were right beside each other! Venus and Jupiter and Mars were very visible in the sky with this beautiful moon, so it really was a gorgeous night. Alas, no foals tho'. But my cherry tree is starting to bud, the green willow is that beautiful spring green ( don't know what happened with forsythia this year but they are late!) and the peepers are peeping.  I saw my resident fox too, this morning while feeding, loping down the fence line. I always love to see him. Eagles, deer, fox , they are starting to feel spring fever. It is almost here, full-blown spring. I a almost forgot, I also saw an albino deer yesterday while fox hunting!  I thought a goat had gotten out and was running with deer until I quietly moved back to look, and, it was a completely white deer. I felt like I was seeing a unicorn and nobody else saw it because I kept asking later. Has to be a lucky thing.
Our hunt ball is also almost here. I am wrapping up last minute details and holding my breath that it will be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment