Wednesday, November 2, 2011

the rhythms and ripples of life....

I am back to my "real" life, after the fun of hunting in Virginia. The weddings are done and Sam and Stephanie have moved into their new house!! Life on the farm is slowly resuming its old rhythm. I need to start planning a few matings, check the broodmare stall camera, finish my book on the Hunt Club.  I am prepping a yearling for the December sale and watching the broodmares 'grow'. All important things, just not as exciting as the past few months. Christmas promises to be fun with Sarah and Kevin visiting and we are all looking forward to seeing Sam and Steph celebrate in their new home. I had dinner with Stephanie in the new house last night, sitting on one of the two pieces of furniture, listening to her plans for decorating and watching the delight on her face. They are at the beginning of such a great adventure and I couldn't help but compare where I was 25 years ago, buying that first house and thinking about kids etc. Now two of those kids are married and the youngest  is looking forward to living in Charlotte NC, starting a great job after graduating. Some much happened in those years and the joy is in seeing the dream in your children come to fruition and ripple outward for another generation. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment