Thursday, November 17, 2011

November routines: basketball, and foxhunting

It is still rainy and cold out. Second day of wet. Hunting cancelled, I stayed in all day working on my book for hunt club and plans for a Diamond Jubilee Hunt Ball. The house feels emptier now than when the kids left first time, so I talk to the dogs! Basketball has resumed and it was an awesome game on Wednesday at Dickinson College. The Washington  and Lee Generals ( and son Will) gave a nail-biting performance that had me screaming encouragement and pulling hair in frustration in equal measure. They won by the skin of their teeth! I was the only Generals fan sitting in the 'visitor' bleachers, but I yelled enough for a whole group of parents. This weekend we are going to Amherst, Mass. to support team. Never been, looking forward to weekend with hubby, walking around a little university town in Northeast. In other picture, Will cleans up very well, looking very handsome with Annie at a formal at W&L. Meanwhile, back on the farm, horses have  settled into winter routine, broodmares expanding, yearlings playing, foxhunters playing hard -to-get on hunting mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment