Tuesday, September 20, 2011

my favorite time of year

My favorite time of year is here, foxhunting, football and friends! I am riding couple of horses every day trying to get them fit and am looking forward to Field Hunter Championship, which is next week! and Virginia Hunt week in October. Squeezed in there is my son's wedding and my Hunt Club's 75th Anniversary Opening Hunt. I think I am glad that I do not have any yearlings in this year's Yearling sale. It would have been too much. I am doing a retrospective book about Marlborough's last 75 years and the research has been very interesting. We have been doing the same thing basically every fall for a long time, just different players. Puts all our problems in perspective when the same themes run through the club in all era's, same money problems, same membership issues etc. It is nice to be part of something that endures. This photo from 1955.

No comments:

Post a Comment