Thursday, September 15, 2011

beautiful morning

It is a beautiful morning, lots of birdsong, tho' have not heard any more geese. Those few must have been confused or fooled by hurricanes! Want to keep enjoying coffee but need to go feed horses in barn. I am so sick of hoof abscesses, "scratches", yearlings with eye ulcers. Why, when you are planning for sales yearlings or hunting in Virginia for days, they find a way to sabotage all that effort. I am grateful for beautiful days and my lovely farm, but hurt horses, not to mention tons of moldy hay after Hurricane Irene have me slightly p*** ed off .  Hubby is away, far away, and wants to Skype just when I am under a mare, plopping Icthamol on hoof and trying not to get stepped on while trying to open a vetwrap with my teeth. Sound familiar to anyone! Needless to say I didn't want to Skype at that moment, sorry honey, just come home soon. Son's wedding plans are going pretty well, it is going to be beautiful. Pray for a lovely first weekend in October! We did start cubbing yesterday which was lovely and so nice to be back on horseback, listening to hounds. Penn Mary-dels really have the most beautiful voices. We had a couple runs, I viewed twice, ran thru a development hoping to turn fox back into woods (worked) and found two completely overgrown paths  (had to turn around and pray fox turned again- he did). It was a good morning. I was tired but happy and I took my mother-in-law to dinner. Big points with hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment