Tuesday, January 26, 2010

When the Saints come marching in...


I had wanted Brett Favre to win and take the Vikings all the way. Oh well. I can get behind the Saints now. I was in New Orleans just before Katrina, and watched in horror as their dome was basically destroyed and then ruined by the FEMA mismanagement debacle. The team was displaced and struggling for awhile but now!!! GO SAINTS!! I also watched Reggie Bush jumped way over an opposing player at USC on the way to a TD run-back. It was an incredible move and I hope he does really well. Drew Brees is OK too. My husband likes him and I like New Orleans. It is going to be some Mardi Gras which starts right around Super Bowl time and continues for a week or so. Our Hunt Ball has a Mardi Gras theme this year. So I'm rooting for the Saints!
I rode all three fillies yesterday, it was lovely and warm, an unusual day in mid-January. Polly, who is the one I am trying to sell first is typical Thoroughbred, forward and perky. She is lovely, doesn't do anything wrong and loves to jump, just needs mileage. The three year old Chessie I should have brought back from the track awhile ago. She is very lazy for a Thoroughbred, very laid back. I don't think racing is in the bones. She will make a perfect show hunter, so I am fattening her up and hacking quietly. The 4 yr old grey beauty is pregnant and, after foaling I will decide what to do with her. She is big and a lovely mover so we shall see.
Anyway, yesterday was warm and I enjoyed getting them all out. Today is cold again and I am
less motivated. Lots of paperwork to do anyway.
The puppy is growing like a weed. He is outgrowing the chair cushions and graduating to the couch to stretch out and sleep. He is very beautiful or should I say handsome (he's a boy) and he loves to follow when I ride. Thank goodness all the horses are puppy -proof..

No comments:

Post a Comment