Friday, January 15, 2010

January riding and puppy


January is just a cold month. We have not hunted for a month it seems, but perhaps this Sunday! Mike and I slipped away to Mexico for a few days last weekend and it was lovely. A couple of cool days for Mexico but it sure beat 20 degrees up here. We climbed the last Mayan ruins that you can climb, Coba, and watched an ancient Mayan ball game, played with fire in the dark in the bottom of a dry cenote! It was incredible and I found out that is called "pok ta pok", which is the name of a racehorse sire. I always wondered where that name came from and now I know. It is a small world and full of strange coincidences.
The puppy, Leo, is growing like a weed and learning about farm life. He is still freaked out by barking dogs in the night and runs to sit right beside you, however he is a ball of fun and still smells like a puppy. I am trying to sell a couple of Thoroughbred fillies that will make lovely hunters. I need to downsize the herd! And end-of-year paperwork is occupying all the rest of my day. Stay warm and send prayers to Haiti. I was there in the early 70's and it is the poorest of nations. Hopefully this earthquake will receive international attention that will help Haiti in many areas for the future.

1 comment:

  1. yay for a new post! leo looks like he's on his way to being the giant i predict.

    good luck with the filly sales. love you :)

    ReplyDelete