Friday, January 29, 2010

oh no , cold again


It is freezing again outside. I am so relieved that none of my broodmares are due to foal right now. I remember a couple of years ago I asked a friend to horse sit for a weekend while my husband and I had a romantic Valentine's weekend at The Homestead- very romantic. However, my friend was shocked to have to deliver her first foal on Valentine's eve in 10 degree weather (she wasn't due for another 10 days). She did a great job but wasn't too thrilled about the weather. Now, I try for later due dates. This year the first foal is due the beginning of March. I have 4 coming, one mare slipped a while ago. In this market I'm worried about what to do with any foals! But, I am planning on the sales being better in a year! Hope springs eternal!
I think I will post a warmer picture to help me with the cold.

1 comment:

  1. if it's an encouragement, pilot season is much busier now than it was last year. maybe horse season will be too!

    ReplyDelete