Monday, September 27, 2021

What you learn when life deals you a strange hand

Thanks for all the well-wishes and food. I have been hurt before and what I remember is that, after the first PISSED OFF emotions, you surrender.  Surrender to the fact you can not do what you did; you can't just fix the manure spreader, you have to tell your husband how to fix it, you can't just unhook the trailer , you have to tell your husband how to unhook. This is exhausting, the telling part. It requires logical mental steps that are so much easier to just jump over and do yourself. But you can't.

So I try to think about recuperation as a vacation! I don't have to cook 😀,  I don't have to vacuum or dust. I get to read books (good) and listen to stupid TV shows ad nauseaum (bad). My fingernails are clean and not broken, my callused fingers are not aching. Except that is about it. And I want to go see my horses now. 

The photo is the glass of wine I desperately wanted. It was great until The Washington Football Club sucked and lost badly. ( if the Redskins had to change their name why do the Buffalo Bill's not have to? Wild Bill Cody was a notorious Indian killer!) This is what creeps into my thoughts now.

Michael has been great. Even tho' we are not sleeping together ( I would kill him if he knocked my leg in the night), we are happy. He brought me flowers and even cleaned the outside of the windows! He has been telling the horses he did not kill me, that I will be back. He says they are kinda suspicious but will let him pick up feet to check shoes! He even bought a cribbage set so we could learn a new game. We both think it is too complicated! 

I am one week in and have a first doctor visit on Wednesday. I hope they rewrap my leg as the bandage is looking a little rough. Off the hydrocodone mostly and thinking maybe I'll finally finish my Mongolia book.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment