Friday, August 9, 2013

I hate beavers....

I have this huge beaver "pond" in my back 25 acres. I believe they are about to make a 10 acre lake, though my duck hunting friends tell me it will not be a lake but a duck hunter's paradise! I have had to change some trails that I ride as they have become underwater at this point or so muddy that I hesitate to proceed for fear of getting hopelessly mired. I am sure my horses agree! A
nyway, yesterday I saw this tree and wondered which beaver gets the last bite, so to speak. Do they draw straws to see who has to rush in and sink the last gnawing crunch that deals the "felling " blow.  There have been several trees like this recently, some have come down and I have a nice water jump now. The tree came down on an overgrown path that is right beside their dam. You have to jump the 2 ft log ( tree trunk) in about a foot of water with a rushing stream on one side. Kinda fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment