Tuesday, August 20, 2013

a sister's love....

I had a wonderful surprise birthday party, thanks to my husband and awesome friends. Thank you, thank you. I had no idea and it was really a special occasion.  On Friday, my sister Margaret arrived, unexpectedly to me, to celebrate with me. It was great to spend the weekend with her and to catch up on family news. She was able to meet many of my dearest friends and relax on the farm, just enjoying my life for a bit. Sisters are the best. We do not see each other for the longest times and then it is like putting on the most comfortable sweats- we just fit together- in a relaxed, quiet kinda way. We speak the same language and have the same memories. When we are together my brother Ian, Mom and Dad are still "alive" in the room with us. We sit and remember the best of times and laugh at the worst. Her hug brings everything back and another part of my world fills in around me. She is my witness to all sixty years, the one who has shared the whole thing with me. The only thing missing was my other sister, Patti, who was probably missing us as much as we missed her. But the love reached her anyway. Her absence is just the excuse for a future get together, in fact, Scotland is the locale of choice.
The party was wonderful and I wish my other kids had been closer but there again, it means I will visit them soon! Thanks to everyone who wished me a wonderful second half to my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment