Saturday, July 20, 2013

Summer heat

The two weeks after our wonderful OBX vacation have been brutally hot. When it is this hot, the temperature seems to control everything. I get chores done early so I can get out of the "sauna" outside by ten o'clock and then I still seem to have no energy for the rest of the stack on the desk! Languishing...languishing by the pool... sounds wonderful- tho I have no pool! I called my friend with a pool, only to hear she was on her way to the cool of Wyoming as we spoke, back in two weeks. Sounded like the best idea yet. Damn.
Did make a trip to Kentucky last weekend to bring back some of the mares and babies. Had to drive all night to keep the horses cool. It is nice to have Buddha and her Smarty Jones filly back. I think she will be grey like mama, though she started as a chestnut. Now she looks a little like an orange orangutan because her long baby hairs are red and falling out as her white/grey permanent color is underneath. She has a white face with a bright red mane- very striking. We are going back next weekend to get another set. One will ship back and then all the girls will be home. I love watching the broodmares and foals in the fields. Though right now they are in the barn under fans, living a very spoiled life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment