Thursday, May 30, 2013

June is a month "off" -time to visit kids!

This is a photo of my Preakness hat! Last weekend I took the last mare and foal to Kentucky to be bred back. It seems like a vacation around here. All the mares and foals are away and I only have 10 horses here- that seems like nothing! Mike has been wonderful to feed for me and I am going to go visit the kids. Will and Annie this weekend in Charlotte. I can't wait. Annie is driving to Asheville and can show me the Biltmore and where she lives in the North Carolina Mountains. I have really missed seeing my children. Next weekend I am hopping out to California to see Sarah and Kevin. She has the lead in her next Shakespeare production and I am happy to get a chance to see her perform again. It has actually been a long time since I saw her in a play! These are quick trips but that's perfect. Then on to Rhode Island for Mike to receive his Master's from the War College. Get to see Julia and Ryan as a bonus! Then beach week!!! The best present ever for my birthday is everyone coming to a beach house in the Outer Banks . This is the stuff of lasting family memories and I am fortunate that it worked out for everyone. Soon enough the mares and babies will be back and my "horse whisperer" job cranks up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment