Sunday, April 7, 2013

Waiting....

I am waiting on broodmares, broodmares are waiting to have babies, and in the moment, waiting to have breakfast! I am waiting for Michael to get home from Paris! And we all have been waiting for spring  for AGES- I think the wait may be over for the latter. Today is warmer and tomorrow I hear it may hit 70!!! Thank you Mother Nature.
Today is the Marlborough Hunter Pace, which is a nice way to enjoy friends, horses and the warmer temps. Yesterday was the Grand National at Aintree which I watched on HRTV( Horse Racing Television) for the first time. OMG! It is barely controlled chaos, if you get  chance, watch this race. The fences are almighty God huge, there were 40 ! horses in the field and somebody falls at every fence it seems, so there are loose horses all over this the mad gallop. They are the dangerous ones, as at a moment's notice, one could decide, "No- don't think I'll jump this one!" And then they stop or veer out. One riderless horse finished the whole race, finished second in fact, he jumped really well all by himself  and might have won if the rider had stayed on! Next year I think I will have a Grand National party. It lasts longer, four miles and 30 fences! It was amazing to see a herd of 40 horses taking these humongous fences.  Auroras Encore, a 66-1 shot, an 11 year old gelding, which is fairly old for this race, won with a first time jockey. He looked a little terrified during the race, probably glad to be in front most of the way.
A friend and I had horses in the same race at Pimlico yesterday ( no where near as exciting as the Grand National). She trained one, I bred the other. We had hoped to run one- two. W
ell we did, but unfortunately it was at the back of the pack. She beat one horse- mine!!!  That's horse racing for you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Horse racing is very interesting, so many rich people are take risk for it and spend much amount to won it with their horse. I think your site is very interesting for me, your site give me some important information, thanks a lot!

    Ranch Fencing

    ReplyDelete