Thursday, April 11, 2013

two down, three to go


Mike is home and spring came, lasted one day and summer arrived!  I'm not complaining, I love being hot right now. The shoulders have finally truly relaxed. Still waiting on three babies. The broodmares are big, fat and peaceful at the moment. I actually love hanging out with the mares, they are very serene just before foaling time. Hopefully there are no complications and we hop, skip and jump into a lovely summer. The weather certainly did. Hit a record 90 degrees yesterday. Mike and I took a day off and went to see the cherry blossoms in peak perfection in DC Wednesday morning. They were spectacular and so many people walking around enjoying them- it was fun. I love this moment in time, the very bright green of the first grass and leaves, the pink of the cherry trees, the forsythia yellow. Mike was exclaiming about how nice the sunshine was - Paris is very cloudy, rainy a lot he said- he missed the sunshine at home. I am very happy to have him home- missed my sunshine--him!

No comments:

Post a Comment