Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Day minus 18

Only 18 days 'til Christmas. The house used to be full of children's excitement, which would have  started building exponentially by this date in years past. Now, I am the only one, so far, opening the Advent calendar's little date boxes, and pulling out the miniature Xmas ornaments.  This calendar is older than the kids and has been used every year, lovingly opened and replaced every time. So many memories, it brings a big smile to my face every time I go by it hanging in the kitchen. We decorated the tree right after Thanksgiving when Will and Annie were here to help and now I am waiting to share all my building excitement with Sarah and Kevin, who arrive on the 21st, as well as Will.  Have to squeeze all the Christmas joy into fewer days, as they all leave again Dec 26th! Just makes it all the sweeter. So funny that I am the one "waiting at the top of the stairs", so to speak, for the "kids" to get here and get up, so we can begin Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment