Saturday, October 13, 2012

very tough day..the saddest kind...

My beautiful mare Chessie did not beat the odds this time.Whatever bacteria had gotten a hold and was creating havoc with her system was not going away. I had to make a very tough decision and say enough. The Medical Clinic said it was very poor prognosis and thousands of dollars would be spent and she would have to endure too many invasive procedures to attempt what was probably impossible so I said enough. Sad day. Bleak, I spent all day feeling bleak. I know it is a part of responsible animal guardianship but it still sucks.  She will be missed, she was a lovely gentle soul. My consolation is in knowing she was loved and cared for well her whole life and she ran around with her friends and had a really good life. Living in a stall, being stuck with IV's and tons of antibiotics that give you terrible diarrhea and ulcers etc is no way to live. She is running free in my heart and soul and that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment