Thursday, October 25, 2012

The wind was taken "out of my sail" and from "under my wings" for a little while after my mare had to be euthanized. It is the hardest thing to say bye to animal friends. But I am grateful for my friends online "hugs" and am always mindful of the harder burdens some of us are dealing with.  I have more wonderful horses that bring me great joy and a sport that I can share with my husband and friends. Opening hunt is this weekend and it is always fun to get "formal" and enjoy our centuries old tradition. My book about the Marlborough Hunt Club's history has been well received and I appreciate the very nice comments that my friends have given me. Hopefully Hurricane Sandy will keep going east and not ruin our Sunday morning, even tho' we still really need the rain- just wait one more day! Yesterday was warm and beautiful, but dry conditions with lots of leaves make scenting very difficult. The puppies get bored and then stopping deer riot is the order of the day!   I am clipping and blanketing for Opening Hunt and 79 degrees throws a real curve ball into the blanket options. I know I should really enjoy these last warm days so I am just dealing with on- off blanketing! The horses think I am nuts, I can just hear them saying, "Make up your friggin... mind!".

No comments:

Post a Comment