Monday, June 18, 2012

mid-June

June, so far, has been a great month- not too hot. I hope the rest of the summer is like this. Foals are well (knock on wood), although the one colt going to the Yearling Show did manage to get a boo-boo to on back leg, just before we go! I still have the fattest raccoons in the world- they don't even wait until I am out of sight on the Gator until they come to sit under horses and enjoy the grain droppings! One was on the rafters of the barn with his head under a paw, believing I could not see him, while he tried to reach the resident swallow's nest. I just stood under him, thinking, "Really!"
We have been collecting furniture for Will's new apartment and are almost done. He and Annie are about to head off for the "grand European tour"- post college. Not really a three month sojourn but a nice vacation anyway. Nowadays one wants to travel with a carry-on and not ten steamer trunks that need a porter- can you image! Though not sure Will is going to get 10 days clothes in a carry-on!
Father's Day was a lovely brunch at chef Sam's house. The quiche was excellent and the company better. Then I actually schooled a couple of horses and cleaned my tack room. This is a once yearly event the makes me feel wonderful! Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment