Sunday, December 22, 2013

spreading Christmas joy to all.....

The most wonderful time of the year.....yes, for most of us it a wonderful, joyous, love-filled celebration. The kids are coming into town today !!! I am so excited to see them. I was up early and  placing the gifts around the tree. I know the brightly wrapped boxes are not the real meaning of Christmas but it is a " real" pleasure to think of little things to bring smiles to my family. I love trying to find or make a unique gift  that has some significance to their lives. We are all " the three kings" bearing gifts to our cherish ones.   Perhaps it is my way of honoring the holy spirit to gather family under one roof for a couple of days and tell them how special they are to me with a thoughtful expression of my love. Yes, the real meaning of Christmas is the gathering and exchange of love. The Spirit that binds family together and makes us cherish this time of year is hopefully carried through to all parts of our lives. We can make it real by the change dropped into the Salvation Army pots, by the smiles to strangers and the patience given to hassled store clerks. By the extra pats to the dogs and horses in my life. It is the softening that lets me bring the barn cat into the basement because he is lonely outside. It is the chicken scraps I give to the foxes I feed behind the woods ( or raccoons!). It is the stockings filled and given to adult children who secretly still love them!! It is the donations given to charities, the thanks and silent prayers sent overseas to troops who miss their families. The Spirit of Christmas Love is everywhere and it is what makes this such a special time of year. Let us remember the less fortunate and do what we can to make all it special for everyone. Happy Holidays to all my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment