Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sunrise over Patuxent

This picture is sunrise over the Patuxent River this morning. It was beautiful, but so dry the hounds were unable to do much. My streams are drying up again and I have to move broodmares to field with trough as their watering hole is a small muddy, muddy mess.  I received a unexpected  check yesterday from some property taxes and with small check in hand wondered..." Botox and looking good or new bridle for my gag bit which is about 20 years old! As I am at heart a horsewoman, and because I am doing Field Hunter Championships next week in Virginia ( and need to look good) the choice was a no contest - new bridle! My frown lines and  laugh lines are well-earned and tell the story of me.  So my tack will be new and I care more about that anyway! Off to play trivia with my son and daughter-in-law  tonight and enjoy this beautiful weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment