Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 12-Birthday month, end of hunter paces and breeding (hopefully) !

Happy Birthday Annie, Sarah, & Will ! Today is a beautiful, sunny, low humidity, perfect day! I am off to the last hunter pace of the season, at Carrollton Hounds. Then the last of the hunters gets turned out to relax for 4 months. The babies are well, fingers crossed; mares bred, fingers crossed. One broodmare limped in this morning- hoping it is only a twist, not an access. Never a dull moment.  Two fillies I will try to keep going, some little shows or trail rides. One is for sale, very nice three year old, off the track who is very sane and a nice jumper. I am pleasantly surprised. The other I have bred for a friend to a warmblood- I know nothing about warmbloods -but I hope she is pregnant.
William's graduation from Washington and Lee is almost here. I cannot believe it has been 4 years since we took him down, but he is certainly ready to move on to the next chapter. From Lexington we are going apartment hunting in Charlotte, before he leaves for a European vacation! Sarah is in Las Vegas with hubby for a birthday, anniversary, last blow-out before buying a house, weekend away. Michael is very happy about a promotion that he has received and had very much earned. Mother's Day is tomorrow and I think the best part is, it is a holiday I do not have to do anything for!  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment