Saturday, February 18, 2012

Will's Senior Game night....

I can't believe how fast four years went by. Will does not share my sentiment, which I suppose makes sense, but as I watch the freshmen sit "on the bench" at these last games and watch proud parents whom I don't know, I remember the first few games I attended. I didn't know any other parents and Will didn't play, but I was the proudest parent in the whole world and I cheered for the whole team. I have cheered for the whole team for four years and been so proud of my son, now co-captain with his friend Kyle. Tonight the team honors these two men and it is truly an accomplishment. I remember Kyle had a broken wrist when they met  as freshmen. Will was and still is the hardest working player- that work ethic impressed his coach enough to be recruited and that doggedness earned him over four years the respect of his whole school. They cheer tonight, " Bill, Bill, Bill!"   The "Bill"moniker an easy tease. He guards his opponents with a fierceness and strength that is all his own. Sometimes they get by but his courage and spirit and leadership over these past four years are an example to all. The light from his soul comes thru and shines when he plays. I am so glad I have been a witness to these moments and will forever cheer for my son and his whole team. Love you, Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment