Saturday, December 31, 2011

last day of 2011

Upon reflection I think the theme of 2011 has been family. I connected with my sisters and their families more this year than in any past, that is the best part . There were sad times, starting with the passing of my Mom on Jan 2nd, 2011 and two weeks ago, learning of the death of a cousin's wife. But I believe the joy of family will be the best memory of this year. Two weddings brought us together, literally coast to coast. Sarah's in California showed us the beauty of Santa Barbara and why she loves the West Coast, while Sam's in Maryland, down home on the "farm" was a beautiful October day with all the Fall colors of the East. There was something just joyful about having so much family together. Day to day we forget how connected we are, we forget how many people care about us and these two weddings were a huge reminder of the love and joy that we share with family. I want to wish a Happy New Year to all my family near and far. I hope 2012 is an awesome year.  I will stay connected. Love to all. Miss you Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment