Thursday, May 23, 2019

ditches conquered...on to bigger jumps

My friend and fellow whipper-in loved Preacher and was looking to have her first Thoroughbred. He fit the bill perfectly and as I had two more youngsters to work with, Preacher went to a new home. They are both happy I am told!! He was as uncomplicated as a Thoroughbred comes, I may miss him!
Danny, the pretty chestnut, conquered his fear of a ditch and we have crossed many muddy ones at this point. He is a little bit lazy which is not a bad thing in a young Thoroughbred. I have ridden out with the mare and my daughter's horse. He is happy as long as they are in sight, only hurrying a little to catch up when they disappear. Only Thoroughbred I have ever had that actually has a Western pleasure "lope". He will make a show horse if not a foxhunter.
Frank, the old soul is wonderful. Does whatever you ask with absolutely no drama, he is priceless. I could not be happier with these guys and am having fun. I might go take a few lessons!!



No comments:

Post a Comment