Thursday, March 6, 2014

the endless winter....

This morning a friend posted a picture of a few yellow crocus poking thru the snow. The weather app says it is 26 degrees ( feels like 16 degrees) at 7 AM and it is still icy underfoot as I walk to the barn. It has been an endless winter. I just gave in yesterday and asked someone to go skiing with me ( they declined!).  Bob, Mike's Quarter Horse sleeps in the snow with the babies.  On the hay. I think he also said, " just f_ _ _  it!" He is now on babysitting duty as I need to teach them to load in trailer soon. Usually they will follow the big guy so this is how it starts. I need to ride today to keep the foxhunters fit for the hunter paces but I am so done with this weather. And I even had a break to California last month. It will be so muddy in the next few days, my fields are trashed and I just gave up and threw more hay in to them. My shoulders are permanently hunched and tight and I rotate the same 3 warm Under Armor shirts. "Please Jesus, make it warm!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment