Wednesday, November 27, 2013

day before Thanksgiving....

I have spent the day planning the next day!!!  Polished the silver, pulled out the casserole dishes, figured out which serving pieces to use. Found the butter dish, put in new candles, set the table with the gold chargers at the place settings and set out the best crystal. Planned the menu, prepared the sweet potato casserole, figured out the timing and now I am sitting here all alone waiting for Thanksgiving!!! Some of the kids are here, Will and Annie are in Annapolis and we are going to Sam and Stephanie's new home for his turkey dinner tonight. Sarah called from the grocery store in Los Angeles last night, trying to remember the ingredients for the sweet potato casserole and laughing, I told her "evaporated milk- not sweetened condensed"!  She laughed and said " No wonder everyone said it tasted like dessert last year!" She and Kevin will be in Santa Barbara with his family.  I miss her.
So, I am looking out the window at a cold, rainy day and being thankful for my family, my friends, my horses - the babies are still running around on the wet fields and the older ones are patiently staring out from the run-in sheds. I am thankful for my health and the good health of those dear to me. Thank you to all the military folk who are away and missing their families in order to serve their country. I appreciate your sacrifice. I am blessed and I am grateful for this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment