Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First day of cubbing and movie extras.....

Today was first day of cubbing and we enjoyed a lovely morning of riding around the very tall corn. LOL. I laugh because I was whipping on the very outside and several times had to go through the corn rows - about ten feet tall, full of spiders and briars- to get to the outside road or path. I literally emptied spiders out of my boots at days end! yech! I could see disembodied heads ( of riders) go by in the far distance and then had to hightail it to the other side of the corn! One crossing was like quicksand and another deadended in the darn creek- these are frustrating things for whips but it was still out hunting so I was happy!! This brings me to movie extras- as I did not think a picture of corn stalks very interesting I am posting a picture of daughter, Sarah, on the set of Clint Eastwood's production of Jersey Boys! She is an extra and was "playing" a spectator at the "Ed Sullivan Show" scene in the movie version of the musical. She said it has been a great experience- she loves the vintage clothes and makeup- said there were 50 makeup /wardrobe people for 200 extras . In addition the other 250 seats in the "theatre" were filled with dummies in vintage clothes and makeup!! At one point Sarah said Clint Eastwood asked the "audience" to be more enthusiastic and lively- especially the dummies in the back!!!  She is having a ball to say the least. I miss her and appreciated the phone call from her to let me know how much fun she is having. Better than galloping in cornstalks with spiders in your face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment